If you are using any version of VCSA 6.5 U1d or below, you may come across this error whilst attempting to update to 6.5 U2d:
Latest updates already installed on vCSA, Nothing to stage/install
This is due to the way the VCSA updater processes build numbers on older versions. Fortunately, there is a workaround
Visit KB59659 at vmware.com and download changebuild.sh from the attechments on the article
- Log in as root via SSH to VCSA
- Run the command to enable the shell.
- Download the 59659_changebuild.sh script attached to the article.
- Using a supported tool, sftp/scp the 59659_changebuild.sh to the VCSA.
- Change the file name to changebuild.sh and copy it to /root on the vCenter Server Appliance.
cp 59659_changebuild.sh /root/changebuild.sh
- Run the command to execute permission:
chmod +x /root/changebuild.sh
- Run the command to execute the script:
- Proceed with the update.