vRops 7.0 has dropped and is now available for download. Some cherry-picked new features are:
- Enhanced User Interface
The new release will make vRealize Operations even simpler to use, featuring an updated use case and persona-based ‘Quick Start’ dashboard.
- Simplified Dashboard Creation and Sharing
In vRealize Operations 7.0, we’ve simplified the dashboard creation process, adding an intuitive canvas and multiple out of the box widgets to improve the user experience. Dashboard sharing and embedding will also become easier using smart links without requiring login, improving the cross-team collaboration and reporting for users.
- Workload Right-sizing to avoid performance bottlenecks and reclaim over-allocated resources
- Built-in vSphere config & compliance: PCI, HIPAA, DISA, FISMA, ISO, CIS
- Ability to extend to the entire data center and cloud with updated management packs for Storage, vRO, Kubernetes, Federation etc.
- vSAN performance, capacity, and troubleshooting including support for stretched clusters and through vRealize Operations plug-in in vCenter
Looks as if 7.0 should finally resolve some of the bizarre omissions in that car-crash of a release 6.7
Time to get labbing!
vRops 7.0 What’s New – at vmware.com
vRops 7.0 Download – at vmware.com